Sea jobs demands complete fitness of your body. Reasons are many like, limited manpower and individual work responsibilities. So, you cannot take chance of being falling ill or not able to work properly. Since the manpower is limited, if you fall ill, then others have to do your work, which is nowhere good. Yes nobody will accuse by saying that why you fall ill, but yes it is your moral responsibility to keep yourself fit at sea.
Keep Yourself Fit and Healthy at Sea
Sea is good for health in the sense that, the air is pollution free and there is purity in the environment. Although you cannot see any trees around you, but yes the unique sunrise and sunset are worth covering that. Here we have discussed some of the measures that will help you in being fit:
1) Avoid temperature variations. Either you are working in Engine or Deck; avoid having sudden drop in ambience temperature. Some people when they get sweat, stands in front of blower and they catches flue, so avoid that. Wait for few minutes and let your body sweat. Also don’t drink cold water, just after you have come from work.
Read this: Story of a cadet life at sea
2) Restricted Use Elevators. Now most of them ships come with elevators. But make a habit of using staircase as much as possible. Only use elevator when you are too tired, or you have to carry something up or down.
3) Eat food rich in fiber and drink liquid products more. On Ship food is made ranging from veg and non veg. Make sure that, you don’t start overeating, just because your tongue likes the taste.
4) Little bit of Gym. A Short run on treadmill, few sit ups and some strokes of dumbbells will always help you. If you can do yoga (Nice place is bridge wing), in the morning then, it will be very good.
5) Avoid having too much tea or Coffee in your night watch. It will just add up calories in to your body.
6) Always cover your nose when you are working in dust related areas. Dust can cause common cold.
7) Take Shower everyday and wear clean under garments. Maintain personal hygiene like washing clothes properly.
So these were some of the measures that you can take to protect yourself and remain fir onboard. Surely you will have more to add in to it, we hope to see suggestions from you in our comment section.