In an unfortunate incident, one of the ultra large container ship Maersk Honam had a major fire incident
Maersk Honam Fire Incident
- Ship was travelling from Singapore to Suez.
- Ship is 2017 built and fire reported in one of the holds at 15:20 GMT around 900nm southeast of Salalah Oman.
- 27 Crew were there on ship. They tried to fight the fire, but were unsuccessful in doing so. They sent out distress signal to MRCC.
- Nearby vessel ALS Ceres rescued 23 crew out of 27 around 1830 GMT.
- Maersk in their official post have said that the situation on the ship is critical and they are doing everything to search for the missing crew.
- Edith Maersk, Gerd Maersk, MAC Lauran have also joined in search and rescue operation along with Indian Coast Guard.
- Although not official, but as per news 2 engine cadets, 3rd engineer, 2nd cook are the one missing.
- The fire is so big, that the ship is still burning in huge flames.
- Among the 23 rescued crew, one thai national died due to the injuries suffered because of the fire. The search for four missing crew is still going on.
- The fire was brought under control and now vessel is towed to nearby port.
- The body of three out of four missing crew members were found.
Please let us pray together for the well being of the crew and also those who are missing.