TS Rahman GP Rating course is a program offered by TS Rahman Academy in India that trains students to become General Purpose Ratings (GPR) in the Merchant Navy. The program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to work as deckhands, engine ratings, and catering crew onboard ships. The course duration is typically 6 months, and it includes both classroom and onboard training. Upon completion of the course, students will receive a GP Rating certificate that is recognized by the Directorate General of Shipping, Government of India.
Application process-Step by Step
Step 1– 10th Pass with 40 % in aggregate & English AGE-17 Y.: not exceeding than 25 years
Step 2– Application – Interview, Medical Selection,BES CET Test
Step 3 6 Month Pre-Sea Training (In Academy Approved BY D.G. Shipping
Step 4 Obtain CDC issued by the Shipping Master (Document necessary for employment)
Step 5 Join a shipping company as Deck Rating (or) Engine Rating
Step 6 After 6 months of service, qualify as Rating forming part of Navigation watch or Engineering watch.
Note: Further Sea service to become Able Seafarer Deck or Engine There are possibilities of growth from a ‘Rating. to an officer on ships. A committed person can rise to the levels of a Captain or a Chief Engineer by passing Certificate of Competency for officers.
ts rahaman gp rating eligibility
To be eligible for the TS Rahman GP Rating course, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Pass 10th standard from a government recognized board with a minimum of 40% aggregate marks in English, Mathematics, and Science. English must have a minimum of 40% marks in 10th/12th or pass 12th standard (any stream) from a government recognized board with a minimum of 40% aggregate marks. English must have a minimum of 40% marks in 10th/12th with Mathematics and Science as subjects in 10th or pass a 2-year ITI course approved by DVET with a minimum of 40% aggregate marks in the final year of ITI and a minimum of 40% in English in 10th/12th.
- Age must be between 17 ½ years and not over 25 years on the date of commencement of training.
- Eye sight must have distance vision of 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the other eye and normal color vision as tested by Ishihara test chart.
- Must possess a Medical Fitness Certificate from a Doctor approved by DGS (Original + one photocopy).
- Submit 18 copies of passport size and 4 stamp size Photographs with White Shirt & Light Background.
In summary, applicants must have passed 10th or 12th standard from a government recognized board or completed a 2-year ITI course approved by DVET. They must have a minimum of 40% aggregate marks in the relevant subjects and meet age and medical fitness requirements. Additionally, they must provide photographs and medical certificates as part of the application process.
Fees for this Course
The TS Rahman GP Rating course has a duration of 6 months and the fees for the course are Rs. 2,45,000/-.