Founded in 2016, MOL Magsaysay Maritime Academy (MMMA) aspires to become the foremost institution for maritime higher education in the Philippines and the Asia-Pacific region. It aims to cultivate a cadre of globally competitive maritime professionals through a dynamic and unmatched outcome-based educational approach, grounded in the principles of excellence, discipline, and service.
MMMA extends a comprehensive academic portfolio that includes the Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering (BSMarE) and the Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation (BSMT). These programs are meticulously designed to equip cadets with the knowledge and skills essential for their prospective careers in the maritime industry.
MOL Magsaysay Maritime Academy admission
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants:
To be considered for admission, applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- Citizenship: Must be a Filipino citizen.
- Age: Should be between 17 and 21 years old.
- Marital Status: Must be single (never been married) with no children.
- Height: Male applicants should be at least 162.5 cm tall, while female applicants should be at least 157.5 cm tall.
- Educational Background:
- For Senior High School Graduates: A minimum General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 83%, with no final grade lower than 80% in any subject.
- For College Level Applicants: A college-level status with no final grade lower than 83% in any subject.
- Physical Fitness: Applicants should be physically fit with no pre-existing medical conditions or on maintenance medication.
Required Admission Documents:
Depending on your educational background, you will need to provide the following documents:
For Senior High School Graduates:
- Form 138 (Certified True Copy)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- PSA Authenticated Copy of Birth Certificate
For College Level Applicants:
- Certificate of Grades from the previous school
- Honorable Dismissal from the previous school
- PSA Authenticated Copy of Birth Certificate
How to Apply Online:
- Visit the online application portal at https://sms.mmma.edu.ph/padmission.
- Complete the online application form accurately and ensure that all required documents are uploaded.
- Following the submission of your application, you will receive an email containing further instructions on the admission process.
Please note that meeting the eligibility criteria and providing the necessary documents accurately are essential steps in the admission process. Ensure that you follow the instructions provided during the application process to successfully apply for admission to the MOL Magsaysay Maritime Academy.
MOL Magsaysay Maritime Academy (MMMA) fees
MOL Magsaysay Maritime Academy (MMMA) is a leading institution for maritime higher education in the Philippines and the Asia-Pacific region. It offers Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering (BSMarE) and Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation (BSMT) to prepare cadets for their professional career in the maritime industry. The tuition fee at MMMA is 97,346.35 PHP per semester, which includes Kumon Math Subject, Mess Service, Accommodation, Utilities, Uniform, Insurance, tablet, Guide notes, and other Miscellaneous.
MMMA contact details
MOL Magsaysay Maritime Academy, Carlos Trinidad Ave., Salitran IV, City of Dasmariñas, Cavite
Contact Number (046) 481 – 4800
MMMA Academic programs
Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation (BSMT)
The BSMT program is a comprehensive four-year undergraduate course that incorporates a year of shipboard training, specifically tailored to prepare students for the role of Officer-in-Charge of a Navigational Watch (OIC-NW). This program is meticulously structured to furnish graduates with a profound understanding of navigation, cargo handling, stowage procedures, and the safe operation of vessels. Additionally, it instills competence beyond the standards established by the STCW (Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping) requirements.
Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering (BSMarE)
The BSMarE program spans four years and incorporates a crucial year of shipboard training, with a specific focus on preparing students for the role of Officer-in-Charge of an Engineering Watch (OIC-EW). This program is meticulously designed to provide graduates with an in-depth understanding of marine propulsion systems, their auxiliary components, and the intricacies of operations and maintenance. Beyond meeting the stringent STCW (Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping) requirements, it equips students with the competence needed to ensure the safe operation of vessels and the well-being of those on board at the operational level of marine engineering.