Those who have decided to make a career in the field of shipping, and then now they have to pass through a hurdle to get into top notch maritime academy. With the formation of IMU, all maritime colleges are now under this (Mostly). As all of you must be aware that IMU conducts CET (Common Entrance Exam), every year to inculcate students in to various colleges. In this article we will see about imu cet exam pattern. See there is no estimate of how many seats will be available under this, as colleges add up or subtracts every year as per the DG Shipping guidelines.
Although number of students appearing for this exam may be less as compare to other ones, but one cannot take this as granted. See people are less, so does the seats too. A good maritime college means, good pre sea training, finally converting in to a good sponsorship or job. Now since in nautical courses, you have to have sponsorships, companies prefer candidates with good scores. And since you are preparing for CET exam, it will also help you to crack the sponsorship exam conducted by shipping companies. Always keep in mind, you need to do course from top maritime colleges, otherwise already market is flooded with fresh pass outs.
IMU CET 2020 Exam Date and Timings
The exam is scheduled to be conducted on 4th June 2019, from 2 P.M to 5 P.M in one shift only.
IMU CET Exam Pattern
Mostly Multiple Choice Questions are asked. The total duration of exam is 3 hours and you have to solve around 200 questions. But type of questions may change as per the course you have applied for like for example if you have applied for DNS course, then questions will be
different. IMU CET Sample papers are here for you
There are six separate sections and each contains 50 or 25 questions. The exam is schedule to be conducted on 4th June.
IMU CET Exam Preparation Tips
As you must be aware about that, three general subjects Physics, Chemistry and Math are asked in the exam. Plus you have questions from G.K, English and Aptitude. So you can say that it is a complete package. This will help you in learning for imu cet exam pattern.
1) As you must be preparing for other Entrance exams also, try to mix your studies, rather than preparing separately for this exam.
2) Buy Sample Papers, they are available in various books shops. You can even get them through post.
3) Consult a senior (if you have any), about how she or he prepared for this exam.
4) The advantage of Sample papers is that, you will get insight of what has been asked in the previous years.
5) Go through some of the papers and make a plan of progress. You plan need not to be very hard. Just stick to simple one.
6) First try to solve questions that are given in NCERT books. Yes, you have to practice them and then you can move to other reference books.
7) First day study for 1 hour, and then gradually increase your time for study.
8) First see the syllabus that has been given in IMU Brochure and then study it.
9) Before one month of the exam, try to solve one sample paper each day. Don’t cheat yourself. Try it, even if you get fewer score.
10)Try to keep a watch in front of you, so that you can estimate how much time you took to solve the whole paper.
11)In the end try to cover up the mistakes that you have done. Slowly you will see that, you have started to cover lot of questions.
12)Make notes in such a manner that, you can revise them before the exams. Don’t try to learn everything just before the exam.
13)Try to make two subjects out of three as your strong ones, let’s say Physics and Math.
14)For general knowledge, you can read newspapers every day. It will also help you to build up your English language.
15)Always remember your threshold. If you know that, you are not good at certain topic and you are trying, but not getting the desired results, then better leave it. During the exam When giving exam follow these steps:
1) Keep a watch in front of you.
2) First read the paper.
3) Then open those sections in which you are good. Try to solve maximum questions, but they should be right.
4) In last cover those topics about whom you are not sure.
Company Sponsorship tests are not that hard to crack. They have psychometric test that judge you mental state. Remember one thing; if you get good rank in IMU CET 2019, then, you will surely get a good sponsorship and a bright future in merchant navy. Start from today and study hard, because this 3-4 months hard work will pay off, when you start earning in Dollars. Best of Luck.