In this post I have given the questions that were asked by the World tankers Management Pte Ltd. during cadets hiring process. I will publish answers to these
questions shortly and will post similar interview experiences of other companies also. It will definitely going to help all the cadets who are appearing for the Shipping Companies interviews.
Tanker Pacific Management Pte Ltd. interview questions
1) Tell me about yourself
This was the first question that they asked. Since it is always said that the first impressions puts up a good impression on the interviewer, so your answer to this
question should be good. You can go through this post
for further help.
2) Apart from studies
what you have done in 12th class or in your college
Here interviewer wanted to know about the extra activities that I am doing. He was impressed with those people who have sports in their regular schedule.
3) Have you done any ship visit and what you saw in there in the engine room. For how much time you were there in the engine room during your ship visit.
4) What was the name of the ship on which you visited?
5) What you did in your summer training like ship in campus.
6) What all machinery do you have in your ship in campus and explain the principle of each one of them in brief.
7) What is fresh water generator and how it works.
8) Name the device that functions similar to the fresh water generator at home.
9) Name all the Marpol annexes and tell the year in which they were implemented.
10) Name different types of fire and how to we stop the fire.
Shipping Companies Interview
11) Name different types of fire extinguisher that are used in the shipping industry.
12) What is boiler, why we use it and different types of boilers?
13) What is Lathe machine and how to do you operate it.
15) Any project you have done in the 4 year training and if yes, explain the same.
16) Have you done welding and which you have done most.
17) What is the meaning of SOLAS and what all things that comes under this?
18) Explain in brief how internal combustion engine works.
19) What is the difference between indicated horse power and brake horse power?
20) Least count of screw gauze, dial gauge, vernier caliper and how to calculate
the least count of these instruments.
21) What do you mean by air conditioning and how it is useful in shipping? Also tell what you know about refrigeration and explain the basic system involved in this process.
22) What is the function of Turbocharger, how it works and why we install it.
23) What different types of steering gear mechanism we have.
24) What preparations we carry out on the material piece before examining it for the testing like Destructive test and Non Destructive test.
25) Name different type of threads that are available on the nuts and bolts. And how do we make these threads manually.
My answer to this question was 2 Ram type and 4 Ram type steering gear mechanisms are there on ship. Then interviewer asked me which one is better. I said 4 Ram is much better because it has one backup system. So, in case of any failure the other two Rams can operate and hence any type of hazard can be minimized.
So this was my experience of giving interview in this company and hope you have liked what I have written. If you information related to this please comment below.