How to Apply for marina mismo cop online application. If you are a seafarer who needs to obtain or renew your Certificate of Proficiency (COP) from MARINA, you can now do it online using the MARINA Integrated Seafarers Management Online (MISMO) system. This is a convenient and efficient way to process your COP application without having to visit the MARINA office in person.
What is a Certificate of Proficiency (COP)?
A Certificate of Proficiency (COP) is a document that certifies that a seafarer has successfully completed a training course and passed an assessment in accordance with the standards of training, certification and watchkeeping for seafarers (STCW) Convention and Code. A COP is required for seafarers who perform specific functions or duties on board a ship, such as basic safety training, survival craft and rescue boat, advanced firefighting, medical first aid, ship security officer, etc.
A COP is valid for five years and must be revalidated before its expiry date. A seafarer must also have a valid medical certificate and a seafarers identification record book (SIRB) to apply for a COP.
How to Apply for a marina mismo cop online application?
To apply for a COP online using MISMO, you need to follow these steps:
1. Register for a MISMO account at https://online-appointment.marina.gov.ph/. If you already have an account, log in using your email and password.
2. On your dashboard, click on “Apply for Certificate” and select “Certificate of Proficiency”.
3. Choose the type of COP you want to apply for from the list of available courses. You can also search for a specific course using the search box.
4. Fill out the application form with your personal information, contact details, sea service details, and training details. You also need to upload scanned copies of your supporting documents, such as TCROA, medical certificate, SIRB, etc.
5. Review your application and click on “Submit”. You will receive an email confirmation with your application number and payment details.
6. Pay the corresponding fee for your COP application using any of the available payment options: online banking, over-the-counter banking, GCash, PayMaya, or 7-Eleven. You can also pay at any MARINA cashier upon claiming your certificate.
7. After paying the fee, log in to your MISMO account and click on “My Transactions”. You will see the status of your application and the date of release of your certificate.
8. On the date of release, go to the MARINA office where you applied and claim your certificate. You need to present your original documents for verification and sign the acknowledgment receipt.
Based on the MARINA Advisory No. 2021-49, there’s no need to take the refresher course if a seafarer has completed a total of at least twelve (12) months of sea service within the last 5 years and an Attestation or any document from the Ship’s Captain / Ship Owners / Manning Agencies that said onboard training and other practical trainings were undertaken by the seafarer in order for him/her to revalidate his COP. However, if the seafarer failed to comply with said requirements, a seafarer shall undergo the Refresher Course.
Benefits of Applying for a COP Online Using MISMO
Applying for a COP online using MISMO has several benefits for seafarers, such as:
– It saves time and money by eliminating the need to travel to the MARINA office and wait in long queues.
– It allows seafarers to apply for multiple COPs at once using one application form and one payment transaction.
– It provides seafarers with real-time updates on their application status and certificate release date.
– It reduces errors and delays in processing by ensuring that all required information and documents are submitted correctly.
– It enhances transparency and accountability by providing seafarers with an online verification system to check the authenticity of their certificates.
Tips for Applying for a COP Online Using MISMO
To ensure a smooth and hassle-free application process, here are some tips for applying for a COP online using MISMO:
– Make sure you have a stable internet connection and a compatible device (laptop, tablet, smartphone) to access the MISMO portal.
– Use Google Chrome as your browser for optimal performance and compatibility.
– Prepare all your supporting documents in advance and scan them in PDF format with clear resolution and readable text. The file size should not exceed 2 MB per document.
– Check the validity of your medical certificate and SIRB before applying. They should be valid for at least six months from the date of application.
– Choose the correct type of COP you want to apply for based on your training course and sea service experience. If you are not sure, you can consult with your training provider or employer.
– Pay attention to the instructions and reminders on each page of the application form. Do not leave any field!