Here get to know about all the main engine alarms and Trips that we have for the main engine. Most of the times, this questions is asked by the oral examiner. In fact it will be beneficial for those who are going as a officers of engine room. So here is the list of alarms and trips that you need to know about.
Marine Main Engine Alarms And Trips
Here is the list:
Lube oil pressure trip, Cam shaft and governor oil low pressure trip, Over speed trip, piston cooling oil high temp trip, Turbocharger cooling water high temp Trip, Turbocharger lube oil low pressure trip, Control air LP trip,
- Cooling water High temperature alarm,
- Jacket cooling water low pressure alarm,
- Air cooler high temperature alarm,
- Fuel oil high temp,
- Fuel oil Low pressure
Control air is used for starting stopping and reversing It is also used for stopping. If the pressure is low you can’t stop it.
- Expansion tank low level alarm
- Control air is also used for stopping the engine
- Thrust bearing high temp trip
- Jacket cooling water high temp alarm
- High exhaust alarm,
- High scavenge air temp alarm and slow down,
- Oil Mist Detector alarm and slow down crankcase relief valve
- Thrust bearing high temp alarm
So this was all from this article and if you have anything to add in to this please comment below.
- Marine Engineering Practice Questions And Answer-Part4
- Simple Filipino Words That As A Sailor You Should Know
error: Content is protected !!