International maritime academy, also known as Institute of Technology and Maritime Engineering (ITME) is a preeminent technological institute situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was established in 1999 for the pursuance of technical education in the field of merchant navy in India. The IMA is acclaimed by the Directorate General of shipping (DGS) Ministry of Shipping, Government of India. Being awarded ISO 9001:2008, it is also graded as an “outstanding” institution by SMERA for the infrastructural facilities and other countenances. The academy has successfully met all the IAO’s accreditation which proves that IMA offers education to its students that shares equality with global education standards. International Maritime Academy under technical collaboration with the Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) conducts highly job oriented courses that are required in worldwide shipping companies. Students are kept motivated and are trained in discipline manner in order to work with various national and international companies. The supremacy for ITME is to provide their learners with excellent opportunities in there field.
International Maritime Academy Courses and Fee Structure
Institute is offering Bachelor of Technology with specialization in few courses like Marine Engineering, Bachelor of Sciences in Nautical Science, Diploma in Nautical Science and also providing General Purpose Rating (GP) course.
- Marine engineering is a four year degree programme which includes engineering of boats, ships, oil rings, and other marine vessels or structures. The course requires minimum qualification; candidate must be passed in High school/ (10+2) From a Recognized Board with 60% average in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and 50% in English subject either in 10th or 12th. Applicant can also appear in entrance exam conducted by university. The total fee for marine engineering is Rs. 11,50,000/-.
- Nautical science enables the trainees to become navigating officers and commanding ships. IMA is offering three year degree programme in Bachelor of Science in this course. Qualifications required by the aspirants are same as mentioned above. The total fee for B.sc. Nautical Science Rs. 8,50,000/-.
- Read more about Indian maritime university entrance exam.
- The institute also offers a one year Diploma course in Nautical Science, candidates who have passed in High school/ (10+2) from a recognized board with 55% average in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. OR B.sc in Physics, Chemistry Mathematics or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the year with the average score of 55% in final year can apply for the course. Also students must be passed with minimum 50% in English subject in either 10th or 12th Any applicant with any kind of eye defect will not be permitted for this course. The total fee for Diploma Nautical Science is Rs. 3,65,000/-.
- General purpose rating course is a six months degree programme after which candidates will be eligible to join the Indian/ Foreign Shipping companies as an engine or deck crew. Qualifications required by the aspirants are same as mentioned in the engineering course. The total fee for GP Rating course is Rs. 1,50,000/-.
- Note: There are PG and PH.d level courses also offered by the college. MBA courses in ship and port management etc are also offered.
International Maritime Academy Facilities
An ambiance of learning, discovery, creation can nourish extraordinary human capacity. Providing students with best of facilities and opportunities is another foremost to any college. IMA has also endowed their students with required facilities like spacious and well furnished classrooms, libraries and all the labs are equipped with modern equipments as well, institute also offers hostel facilities to their students. Furthermore, highly qualified faculty and learning technique are employed to impart knowledge.
International Maritime Academy Contact Details
Administrative Office :
International Maritime Academy
41, Giri Road, T.Nagar, Chennai – 600 017. Tamil Nadu, India.
Mobile : (0) 91766 37100, (0) 91766 87200
(0) 98418 12150, (0) 98410 75140
Phone : (044) – 43502120, 43502320, 43502520
Fax : 044) – 43502130
E-Mail : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org