Those aspirants who are willing to join the February batch of DNS, in various maritime colleges, across that nation, has to write this common entrance exam. Read more about it here.
About the Course B.Sc. Nautical Science
This is a three year course which is divided in three parts:
1) 12 month training in maritime college
2) 18 moths training on ship
Application forms Indian Maritime University CET February Batch
This is the official link given by the IMU. So candidates are advised not to use any other link than this one.
The cost of the application form is Rs 1000 for The general class candidates and Rs 700 for the schedules caste and Tribe candidates.
Forms will be filled online only.
Starting Date of Online Application form is: 12th January 2016
Last Date for Filling and submitting the application form is: 27th January 2016
Eligibility for IMU CET DNS February 2016
These are criteria that a candidates needs to fulfill
1) Candidates should be sponsored from a shipping company.
2) Education Should have studied PCM and English as separate subjects with average of 60% in PCM.
Passed B.Sc in Physics, Chemistry, Math or Electronics, with physics being a single subject in one of the years of study. Should have scored average of 50% in the final year.
B.tech from any AICTE approved college with average of 50% marks in the final year.
3) Candidates Should have scored at least 50% marks in English in either 12th or 10th examination.
4) Date of birth for the Male general and OBC non creamy layer candidates should lie between 02-02-1990 and 01-02-1998.
5) Date of birth for the Female general and OBC non creamy layer candidates should lie between 02-02-1988 and 01-02-1998.
6) Male and Female candidates of SC/ST category should have date of birth between 02-02-1985 and 01-02-1998.
7) Only Unmarried candidates are eligible for this program.
8) Medical Fitness: Candidates needs to go through medical from an DG certified doctor. For this course candidates needs to have 6/6 eye sight.
IMU CET DNS February 2016 Course Fee
The cost of 1 year course is Rs 220000/- for both male or female candidate.
IMU CET DNS February 2016 Exam Date
These are some of the important dates: Application last
date: 27th January 2015 Date of Examination: 7th February 2015 From 2P.M to 5 P.M
Date of Result: 9th February 2015 Date of Commencement of Course: 16th February 2015
Indian Maritime University CET February 2016 Exam Centers
Exam will be
conducted in 15 cities across the nation:
4) New Delhi
The exam will be conducted in only one shift from 2 P.M to 5 P.M For more details on this exam Read this article- All about IMU CET
List of Institutes Affiliated For IMU Feb 2016 DNS Batch
- Maritime Training Institute, (SCI) Mumbai
- Maritime Training Institute, (SCI) Tuticorin
- Southern Academy of Maritime Studies, Chennai
- Training Ship Rahaman, Mumbai
- Vishwakarma Maritime Institute, Pune
- MMTI’S Education and Research Trust, Mumbai
- Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Maritime Science and Engineering, Chidambaram
- Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy, Mumbai
- Applied Research International, New Delhi
- Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies, Mumbai
- Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training – HIMT College,Kilpauk, Chennai
- International Maritime Institute, New Delhi
- RVS College of Maritime Science and Engineering, Karaikal
- Sailors Maritime Academy, Vishakhapatnam
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Mumbai
Exam Pattern for Indian Maritime University CET February 2016
The exam will consist of Multiple Choice Question questions. Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude are the subjects from where the questions will be asked.
So this was all from this article. If you have any doubt regarding this exam, please comment below.